Every housewife wants her home to always be clean and beautiful. However, not everyone has time for daily cleaning. How can you quickly get your home in order without getting tired? Advice from experienced hostesses can help you get the right answer to this question. Carry out cleaning consistently, think about the plan of your actions in advance, and then you can save your free time.
How to do regular cleaning of the apartment?
Even the most expensive and stylish apartment renovation will look shabby if the room is cluttered. Accumulated dust, garbage, scattered things – all this makes your house not cozy and unkempt. Some young hostesses think that it is necessary to clean the apartment only before the arrival of guests. This opinion is mistaken. Dust is a strong allergen that can have an extremely negative impact on the health of all tenants. To protect yourself and your loved ones, it is enough to regularly clean all hard surfaces in the house.
Do you want to clean your apartment very quickly and easily? Then be sure to take advantage of the tips from professional housewives below.
- The first thing to do is to wipe the dust off all hard surfaces. Use a damp microfiber cloth or a fleece cloth.
- Thoroughly wash all the mirrors in the house using a special glass cleaner and a dry cotton cloth.
- Water the houseplants and wipe off accumulated dust from the leaves with a damp sponge.
- In the final step, proceed to cleaning the floors. Wipe the entire surface thoroughly, don’t forget the baseboards.
Perform all these manipulations at least once a week, and your house will always be clean and comfortable. If you have a small house, dust all the rooms at the same time, and then begin wet mopping. It’s much easier to clean a large house if you divide the area into several sections and clean each of them one by one.
What kind of apartment cleaning is there?
Do you want your home to always be in order? Then do different types of cleaning with a certain frequency. Let’s take a look at the most popular activities for cleaning.
- Daily light cleaning. Try to always put things in their proper places and wipe off dust regularly. It will take you no more than 5-10 minutes (depending on the size of the living space). Young children often scatter toys around the house. In the evening each day, be sure to put them in the basket and do this work together with your child – this way you will not only put things in order, but you will also develop a useful habit in your child.
- Weekly cleaning. Most often performed on weekends, it includes wiping dust, vacuuming carpets, cleaning floors, and putting things in order in the closet. Such work will take you at least 1-1.5 hours, but you can forget about complicated household chores for the whole 7 days.
- General cleaning. It is necessary to carry out such an event, at least once in 2-3 months. Allocate one free day, and devote it entirely to putting your home in order – wash windows, chandeliers, wash tulle, curtains, clean carpets, completely go through the things, and throw away unnecessary things.
Each housewife decides for herself how often and how intensely she will clean her home. For example, if you are a housewife, you can probably spare a few free minutes every day for dusting. Women who are actively building their careers can clean once a week, but very carefully.
Rules for doing general house cleaning
General cleaning is quite a troublesome task that takes a lot of time and requires physical effort. To make it much easier on yourself, follow these effective rules.
- Visually divide the room into several functional sectors. For example – living rooms, storeroom, hallway, bathroom, etc.
- Start cleaning at the top of the room, gradually moving down to the bottom. First remove and wash chandeliers, light fixtures, clean dust and cobwebs from the ceiling and cornices. Gradually move on to the windows, window sills and indoor flowers.
- In the process of wiping dust from hard surfaces, small particles of dirt easily rise into the air, and, after a little whirling, settle back down. So that all your efforts are not in vain, tidy up the house with an open balcony or window. Sufficient ventilation will allow to clean the dust not only from furniture but also from the walls.
- Cleaning the closet is an essential part of the activity of bringing complete order to the house. All shelves should be wiped down with a damp cloth, to go through and neatly stack things, polished parts of furniture rubbed with a special agent for shine. Timely get rid of things that are no longer worn – out of fashion, too small or too big. So you can free up extra space in the closet, and make everyday life more comfortable.
- Wipe the floor and baseboards thoroughly with a damp cloth. Not very heavy furniture should be pushed aside and scrub the floor surface in a hard-to-reach place.
Vacuum not only the carpeting, but also upholstered furniture. All these tips will help you clean an apartment that is not very dirty. If no one has lived in the room for a long time, or if the repair has just been completed and a lot of construction debris has accumulated, use the help of a cleaning company’s professionals. Such specialists can perform dry cleaning of different surfaces and quickly remove all the dirt from the apartment.
Cleaning the bathroom and bathroom
It is not difficult to clean the toilet and bathroom if you use quality modern detergents. Treat the toilet with a special cleaning composition at least once a week. The active ingredients contained in such household chemicals, act gradually. It is therefore recommended to apply the product to the inside surface of the toilet bowl, and leave it for the night. In the morning, thoroughly clean the product with a scrubber, and rinse with clean water.
In the bathroom, it is not uncommon to notice soapy water marks or even the first signs of rust. You can remove such contamination with ordinary table vinegar and citric acid. The procedure consists of several consecutive steps:
- Fill the tub or sink with lukewarm water.
- Dissolve a mixture of vinegar and citric acid in the liquid.
- After 5 to 6 hours, drain the water and rinse the surface of the plumbing with clean warm water.
It is advisable to clean the bathroom and sanitary facilities in the evening. Remove absorbed dirt with detergent and disinfectant, use special brushes or sponges.
A few extra tips
To make cleaning your apartment not too time-consuming, try to always keep the room clean. You can make it as easy as possible if you follow the recommendations below.
- After a meal, wash your dishes right away. This way your sink will always stay clean and tidy. Also, leftover food on plates can attract unwanted insects, which will be very difficult to get rid of later.
- Throw away unnecessary things right away. This rule applies not only to paper or food wrappers, but also to clothes that are not worn.
- Ventilate the room daily. This will enrich the air in the apartment with oxygen, get rid of unnecessary unpleasant odors, germs, and will also slow down the accumulation of dust on things and furniture.
- Wash your dirty laundry regularly. Don’t wait for a whole mountain of dirty things to accumulate. This will allow you to significantly reduce the time you spend on cleaning your apartment on your day off.
In order to get less tired in the process of bringing order to the room, be sure to make a special plan in advance. So all your actions will be as systematic and prompt as possible. Do not put off cleaning for the evening. It is best to start doing this not very pleasant work in the morning, right after breakfast. Cleaning floors will be more efficient and take less time if you use modern mops with removable rollers and a mechanical wringer function.