The help of a professional maid, to carry out the housework and childcare, is always a perfect option since it will provide you with essential benefits: always clean and collected house, ironed clothes, cared children, etc. For this contract to be fruitful, we give you five tips that you should take into account before you hire Maid Service. Make sure you follow them!
What tasks do you need your maid to do?
Do a thorough review of the work you need the maid to do. It is not the same thing that your housekeeper cleans because you also have to iron, cook or take care of the children. Carefully supervise your home and list each of the tasks that the new maid will have to face. Be thorough, as this will save you a lot of time on explanations and clarifications. Also, this little exercise will help you to be realistic with the next step. The best thing is to opt for a professional maid service.
How long are you going to need your maid to work on an hourly or daily basis?
Depending on the tasks, you can calculate the time you will need to hire a maid. Since they are experienced professional workers that they can go faster and be more effective than you but do not ask for miracles: if you want good results, they must dedicate the adequate time. It would help if you also thought about how many days it is in your best interest for the maid to come to your house. Decide the number of hours each day and at the ideal time, as well as set and advance regarding the holidays.
How do you want your maid to do the tasks?
With a living room with white sofa and a round table led in the middle? The service comes with a clear work plan about how to go with cleaning. And as they are professional maids, they will have their methods and tricks. However, if you want them to clean in a specific way, for a particular order, you must inform the maid service properly.
At Maid in Your Hometown, we all have our customs, and it is essential that from the first day, you communicate your preferences and criteria. It would help if you also kept in mind that initially the maid may slow down until she knows the house, so give her time. In addition, if you have already had another housekeeper, avoid making comparisons between both services.
How do you need the housemaid to be?
Knowing what you need and how you need it, we arrived at one of the fundamental steps, and that is the selection of the best maid service. You can do it yourself, take care of advertising, searching, interviewing and supervising the candidates or you can resort to the professional and authorized cleaning agency, such as Maid in Your Hometown, which makes a rigorous selection based on your preferences and needs.
Find out about the hiring process and legal requirements to hire a maid.
It is essential to sign a contract with a maid service. You must register your maid in Social Security from the first day and sign an employment contract that specifies their conditions, hours and salary. You should also know that there are incentives to contribute to hiring maids.
Questions You Should Ask When Hiring a Maid Service
- How much is the house cleaning charged on an hourly basis?
- Do you make closed budgets?
- How much does a professional charge for polishing a floor?
- What would be the cleaning budget for a small apartment as compared to a house?
- Do you perform end-of-job cleaning?
- What kind of maid services do you offer?
- What does the Certified Company seal mean?
- Does it have any advantage to hiring a Certified Company?
- Do you provide express cleaning to facilitate the last hour?
- You need a professional on time, can you request for the same day?
- What happens if no professional accept our offer?
- What happens if you do not agree with any budget you have received?
- Can we request a professional with whom you have already contacted in the past?
- We have chosen a professional. How often can you offer us a quote?
- What happens if, after hiring a professional, the professional does not arrive at the requested time?
- What guarantees do you have about the work maids do?
- Is there any insurance against damage or breakage?
- Is it possible to leave a valuation on the services received?
- How do you guarantee that a maid is going to do quality work and that you are “trusted”?