Every fashionista’s closet contains lacquered shoes, the stunning look of which is relevant at all times. Sandals, shoes, booties, boots always look winningly on the feet. But about the subtleties of care of the varnish surfaces, alas, not everyone knows, which negatively affects the appearance of your favorite pair of shoes, reducing the term of wear of the product.
Features of lacquered shoes
For polished shoes, high quality chrome leather is used, coated with special technology with agents that give a glossy finish. The smooth surface gives the impression of durability, but it is deceptive. The thin film is susceptible to temperature changes. At subzero temperatures, starting from -5 degrees, it is capable of cracking, and above +25 – to melt. It should be taken into account that lacquered shoes are not suitable for everyday use, but are designed for exceptional cases. The stylish footwear also does not tolerate wet weather, and water procedures should be carried out carefully, without getting carried away, and only gently wipe the capricious coating.
Caring properly for lacquered surfaces
Given the exclusivity of the material, special care is needed for patent leather shoes.
- After an outing, the surface must be cleaned of dust, dirt or splashes on the same day. To do this, use a damp cloth of soft texture, after wiping dry with velvet. To prolong the life of your favorite pair of shoes or boots owners can use not only store remedies for the care of patent leather shoes, but also available to every hostess. The polished surface is periodically recommended to wipe with a cotton pad soaked in warm milk. This revitalizes and nourishes the skin, giving it elasticity.
- Glycerin, Vaseline or purified vegetable oil (walnut, soybean or sunflower) is applied to a clean, dry surface to soften it. Means left for 20 minutes, after which you should gently blot the surface, getting rid of excess grease velvet cloth. The top layer of the shoe is sanded off.
- It is forbidden to use a brush for cleaning, which can irrevocably spoil the appearance of the surface.
- Care of lacquered shoes at home is possible with the help of a remedy prepared as follows: whipped egg yolk combine with a teaspoon of any vegetable oil and a tablespoon of turpentine. This mixture should cover the varnished layer of shoes or boots. Periodically carried out procedures will keep the leather product in perfect condition for a long time.
Correcting imperfections in the lacquer surface
Over time, the glossy surface loses its attractive shine and cracks appear. Care for lacquered shoes at home will help to regain its former attractiveness. To save the situation will help improvised means, which are in every home:
- The faded lacquer surface will shine again if it is wiped with egg white. The amazing effect is immediately noticeable, even if the shoes are pretty worn.
- Onion juice gives the glossy surface back its shine. You don’t have to squeeze it out, just wipe the top of the product with a juicy cut.
- The cracks that appear are painted over with a cosmetic eyeliner pencil, which is shaded and sanded.
- If there is a hitch, you should pick up a nail polish in tone, carefully apply it to the back, straighten the film and press the area.
Lacquer shoe care products: comments from experts
To keep the product, the owners should use special means for the care of lacquered shoes, which are created on a water basis, and it is better to abandon the usual, because their composition is able to spoil the product. On the shelves of stores are widely represented products that help to keep a perfectly smooth surface of your favorite clothes for elegant feet:
- A nourishing oil for varnished skin with emollients that give a strong shine and elasticity to the top layer;
- beeswax-based liquid product with a metallic finish;
- a nourishing cream with special plasticizers with a softening effect;
- polishing spray to create a protective film;
- polishing spray for cleaning lacquered shoes.
Little tricks to extend the life of patent shoes and boots
- Lacquered shoes or boots are recommended to put on 10 minutes before going out in cold weather, so that the change in temperature does not adversely affect the appearance of the shoes.
- Store polished shoes at room temperature, in a cardboard box, avoiding touching each other. It is better to wrap the shoes beforehand in newspaper or stocking, if there are no special covers, and put a cloth or paper inside to preserve the shape.
- Eliminate the daily use of varnished shoes every day, giving your favorite pair a rest.
- Buy the care product for varnished shoes in specialized stores, where you can consult with experts.
Owners of shoes that require special attention should be aware of several conditions that will help maintain the appearance for a long time. So, you can’t:
- Dry lacquered shoes with electric dryers, hair dryers, by heating appliances;
- Take care with all-purpose shoe polish products;
- Wear in snowy, rainy weather;
- Use brushes, rough cloth to clean the surface.
Care of polished shoes is a troublesome business, but the reward to the owner will be a flawless look and admiring glances of others. Relevant at all times patent shoes will complement the business or evening image.