Not everyone likes to clean the apartment, but it is a necessity without which it is difficult to imagine a civilized person’s home. If the methods of cleaning are clear to everyone, the frequency of cleaning is not so easy to determine. How often should you clean your apartment to keep it clean without spending a lot of time on it? It is worth to understand this question, as well as to understand how to reduce the frequency of cleaning without harm.
4 ways to clean your apartment
There are four answers to the question of how often to clean an apartment. Let’s consider them in more detail:
- Daily cleaning. This method is optimal for people who spend most of their free time at home and can afford to regularly wipe down surfaces as dirt appears, remove unnecessary things, not letting them accumulate. This option will allow you to keep your apartment clean, while applying a little effort every day – you won’t get tired of it.
- Weekly cleaning. This option of how often you need to clean your apartment is optimal for most modern people who spend a lot of time at work, studying, and appear at home only in the evening. This approach means that once a week on the same day (and preferably time) a person postpones all his/her affairs and starts cleaning the apartment, washing and ironing things, taking out the trash and doing other necessary works. Except that the dishes have to be washed much more often.
- Cleaning as needed. This approach can be adopted by people who litter very little and are neat by themselves, or people who spend little time at home. How often should I clean my house? Everyone decides for himself. For some people a few times a month is enough, for others a couple of times a week.
- General cleaning. This activity is recommended even for those people who choose to clean daily. As a rule, general cleaning is done once every 3 to 6 months. The exact frequency depends on both the area of the dwelling and the neatness of the occupants, as well as the chosen frequency of regular cleaning.
Now how do you figure out how often you should clean your home? It is up to each person to choose the optimal frequency of cleaning. Trashy people (as well as parents of active children) will have to clean noticeably more often than neat singles. In spite of all this, it is recommended to do general cleaning on a regular basis.
How to make cleaning the house easier?
The question of how often to clean the house is not the only one that interests housewives and hosts. Many people not only want to reduce the frequency of cleaning, but also to make each of them easier and faster. It is quite possible – it is enough to follow the following recommendations, already tested in practice:
- Before you start cleaning, make a plan according to which you will move around the apartment. This should be done from the largest rooms to the smallest, eventually moving on to the shower and toilet. Having a precise plan of action will save you time thinking about what to do next.
- If you choose to clean weekly, try to schedule an exact day and time that won’t change. It’s best to start cleaning in the morning – you shouldn’t put off not the most pleasant thing for later. It is necessary to prepare in advance everything you need for cleaning, including sponges, brushes, detergents.
- Do other people live with you? Family members, friends, or just neighbors? Distribute cleaning duties among all the tenants, give everyone a role in the common cause. This approach will save a lot of time and effort for cleaning. This is especially true in large apartments and houses.
- Group the work. What does that mean? Try to clean all the cabinets or windows in all the rooms at the same time. Once you’ve done the work in one group, immediately move on to the next group.
- Do several things at once – you can save a lot of time by loading the washing machine, soaking the dishes, sanitizing the bathroom, and waiting for the result to wipe down the furniture.
- Try to wash floors and other surfaces not with plain water, but with the addition of detergents. There is a wide range of detergents for cleaning floors. The same is true for carpets, sinks and stoves.
Here you have learned how you should clean your apartment so that cleaning takes as little time and effort as possible. So, using the above tips on how to clean your apartment will save you up to 30-60 minutes per cleaning. Isn’t it better to spend the time saved on more enjoyable activities? All that remains is to figure out how to make sure that you clean your house as rarely as possible. Interested?
How to reduce the frequency of cleaning?
How often you need to clean your apartment is now clear, but that frequency can be reduced by keeping your home clean. How do you do that? To keep your apartment clean, you need to take the 8 tips listed below:
- Take your shoes off in the hallway. Put a mat in front of the front door, and place your slippers next to it. This simple measure will greatly reduce the amount of street dirt and dust in the apartment.
- Get rid of vermin. In any, even the cleanest home, you can find a large number of dust mites and other microscopic pests that feed on skin cells and can cause asthma. To get rid of the unwanted neighbor, you should change your bedding as often as possible.
- Turn on the extractor while showering. Showering increases the humidity in the room, which is very beneficial for the development of mold and the reproduction of harmful microorganisms. An extractor will help keep the humidity level in the apartment at an acceptable level even during water procedures. It will allow you to clean the bathroom less often and will eliminate the need to scrub the tiles of mold and mildew.
- Use natural remedies. Products that are considered traditional and most commonly used contain chlorine and other caustic substances. Their volatile fumes can cause dizziness, nausea and other negative effects. It is better to replace the products with environmentally friendly ones.
- Ventilate your apartment more often. Regular airing can reduce the amount of harmful substances suspended in the air. This measure will also reduce the amount of dust in the apartment and the frequency of cleaning.
- Wash dishes immediately after eating. Do not store dirty dishes in the sink, hoping for a miracle. Sooner or later the accumulated dishes will have to be washed – it will take a long time to clean the whole mountain. Isn’t it better to wash dishes as they get dirty, thereby saving a lot of your time in the future?
- Use the same principle in washing things as you do with dirty dishes. Don’t wait for the laundry to start falling out of the basket. Wash things and clothes in small batches, regardless of whether or not you have cleaning scheduled for today. This will keep things attractive for longer.
- Treat the bathroom. To avoid wasting time cleaning the toilet bowl each time you clean it, treat it regularly with a special cleaner and leave it overnight. In the morning, perform several flushes to remove any remaining product. This procedure can be done separately from cleaning – it shouldn’t take more than five minutes. But how much time you can save in the future on cleaning a dirty bathroom!
Now you know how to clean your apartment often to keep it clean at all times. Try to litter as little as possible, wash dirty dishes right away, and get rid of unnecessary items regularly. If you follow these simple rules, the question of how often you should clean your apartment will never arise again. Don’t forget to tell your friends and family how often you should clean your apartment and how to do it correctly!