Over time, a kitchen hood gets dirty. Clogging of the outer mesh slows down the operation of the device. How to clean a kitchen hood From grease and dirt? Use easy and affordable ways to clean your hood. Your hood will be good as new again.
How often should I clean my cooker hood?
Many people don’t wash their hood for years. That’s why it won’t last very long. The filters of this unit need to be cleaned more often than you would think. Why is this so?
- The filter draws steam from the stove, and a clog will cause ventilation to be compromised.
- A dirty hood can drip grease directly onto the burners, creating a fire hazard.
Important! It is advisable to clean the vent once every two weeks. Cleaning the hood from grease directly depends on how often the appliance is used.
Tip: If you do not have time or desire to wash the hood and clean your apartment, you can delegate this task to professional cleaners. They will clean your apartment with high quality and in the shortest possible time.
How do you clean a grease hood?
Method 1: Dishwasher
Great way for those who have a dishwasher:
- Fill the kitchen appliance with a nonaggressive detergent (powder or gel).
- Immerse the vent appliance grid in the dishwasher, turning it on to the minimum temperature.
Method 2. Soda and water
- You need to get a large pot that will fit your hood.
- Fill the pot with water, bring it to a boil.
- Pour half a cup of baking soda into the water, introducing it gradually.
- Wait for the water to boil.
- Lower the hood filter into the pot for 2-5 minutes.
- Repeat the procedure again if necessary.
The baking soda solution quickly dissolves grease and dirt. But you should not keep the filters in the boiling agent for more than the specified time. Otherwise, it is possible to damage the housing of the device.
Important: Don’t forget before you clean your kitchen hood. perform a test. Dip a small section of the grease trap into the boiling solution and see the result.
Method 3. Household soap
Household soap can “handle” even the most stubborn dirt:
- Heat water in a large saucepan.
- Grate 1/2 part of the laundry soap.
- Add the soap shavings to a pot of water.
- Wait for the soap to dissolve in the water.
- Remove the pot from the fire.
- Dip the hood grate into the prepared solution.
- Wait 20-30 minutes.
Important: The prepared soap solution can also be used to wash the hood body. A small amount of baking soda can be used to increase its effectiveness.
Method 4: Vinegar
Vinegar is a powerful tool in the fight against grease and dirt. It can be used to wash the hood at home:
- Moisten the cloth liberally with table vinegar.
- Wipe the grill of the hood.
- The soaking time in vinegar is 15 minutes.
Important! Remember to open all windows and wear protective gloves on your hands.
Method 5: Lemon.
Detailed instructions on how to clean the hood from grease with lemon:
- Peel a few lemons.
- Cut the lemons into halves.
- Rub the grating of the device with the ingredient, treat the casing.
- Wait 10 minutes of time.
- Rinse the filters under water.
List of things you can’t use to wash your hood:
- Strong detergents.
- Abrasive cleaning powders.
- Hard sponges, brushes.
Important! Improper use of hood cleaning methods can lead to unfortunate consequences. Stainless steel and cabinet coating can lose not only color, but also integrity.
Washing a grease hood with your own hands is not difficult. You only need to know effective ways and have a little patience. We wish you good luck!